I am currently CLOSED to inquiries.
Why I Have Review Policies
Good day authors, publishers, and fellow inquiring minds. In order to provide the best services possible, I wanted to create a space where I could be upfront with regard to the books that I am searching to promote and celebrate as a marginalised reader. While I am rather open-minded to most genres, there are certain types of literature that shall not be a good fit for The Djinn Reader. In order to save us both time and energy, I wanted to share that information here in a straightforward manner.
Please note that all titles must be #OwnVoices Queer and/or authored by a Person of Colour (POC) for consideration. Thank you. Books about POC or multicultural experiences authored by non-POC shall not be considered. Thank you.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or other inquiries, you are more than welcome to contact me at this e-address: firstname.lastname@example.org [the djinn reader at gmail dot com], or you can send me an Inquiry via the blog’s message system.
- Speculative fiction of all sorts
- Literary Fiction (Asian Fiction is strongly preferred; #OwnVoices reviews can be provided for Indian and/or Fijian, Islamic and/or Buddhist representations)
- Contemporary Fiction
- Historical Fiction, especially non-USA centred narratives (strongly favoured regions are Asia and Polynesia)
- Crime Fiction
- Queer Fiction (#OwnVoices reviews can be provided for Nonbinary/Gender Non-Conforming, Trans Masculine, Asexual, Aromantic, and Sapphic representations)
- Mental Health Fiction (#OwnVoices reviews can be provided for OCD, PTSD, Schizophrenia, ADHD, Depression, and Anxiety representations)
- Non-Fiction of all sorts (favoured topics are memoirs and discourse on socio-cultural issues, such as race, ethnicity, feminism, and LGBTQIA+, to name a few)
- Graphic novels and comics
- Middle-Grade and Young Adult literatures
Genres for Possible Consideration:
- Religious Non-fiction, specifically for Islam, Jōdo Shinshū Buddhism, and Hinduism
- Queer literature authored by non-Person of Colour individuals (only under certain circumstances; Queer books authored by non-Queer folx shall not be considered)
- Picture books
Genres & Books I Shall NOT Consider:
- Erotica of any kind
- Christian Literature
- Sequels to books I have not yet read
- Novels about Asian people or cultures written by non-Asian persons!! – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Novels about POC or cultures written by non-POC persons!! – NO EXCEPTIONS
Once I have accepted to review the title, which typically takes 24-hours during business days, it takes me approximately one to two weeks to read and review the book. During which I shall remain in contact with the author, publisher, and/or inquiring party(ies) with updates as needed. Copies of reviews can be sent up to two days prior to the review getting posted on The Djinn Reader, upon request, and shall be in .PDF format.
Once again, if there are any questions, concerns, or further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me at the e-mail address listed above or via the Inquiries page. Thank you.